We offer dialysis services in Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac and Waupun in outpatient clinics, as well as inpatient services at St. Agnes Hospital and Waupun Memorial Hospital.
About Our Dialysis Centers
- Each center has a comfortable waiting area with television for patients and visitors.
- Televisions are available for patients to use while on dialysis.
- Storage areas are available for a limited amount of personal articles.
- Area for coats and boots as well as a storage area for wheelchairs and walkers.
Scheduling an Appointment
A specific schedule of treatment times is arranged to accommodate all our patients. You will be asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to get ready your treatment. Every attempt will be made to start your treatment at the scheduled time; however, we remind you that issues/emergencies may arise which could cause your treatment time to be delayed and ask for your patience should this occur.
Preference for appointment times will be given to those who work, have school schedules or have difficulty with transportation. If we experience any unit issues that interfere with your schedule, you will be notified.
We reserve the right to make changes in appointment times/schedules as needed to accommodate all of our patients. Patients may be asked to change days or treatment times if such issues occur.
Please let the staff know your preference for day and shift. We make every effort to accommodate requests and have a waiting list for those patients who wish to dialyze at a different time.
If you need a time change for an unusual occasion, let the staff know and we will do our best to make arrangements for the request. We do ask for as much notice as possible.
Helpful Hints for Patients
- No smoking is allowed in any Agnesian HealthCare facility or on the grounds.
- Patients will need to bring a small set of headphones to use with the televisions.
- Please bring your own blanket and wash it monthly.
- Please do not bring valuables. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen property. The storage cubicles are not monitored by staff. Please keep medications and other personal property with you.
- Foods and snacks are discouraged during your dialysis treatment. You may wish to bring a small lunch or snack if you are a diabetic. Please avoid large meals just before your dialysis treatment as it may cause you to experience nausea or problems with low blood pressure.
- Clothing should be comfortable and washable. Do not wear anything too tight over your fistula or graft, such as a tight sleeve or watchband.
When You Arrive for Treatment
- Our staff will provide you with an arrival time for your dialysis treatment, which is usually about 15 minutes prior to the assigned time of your treatment. Please use the restroom available, if necessary, prior to entering the treatment room.
- Weigh in and wash your access arm.
- Have a seat in the waiting area until staff comes for you when your station is ready.
- You may bring a blanket, television headphones,and reading materials. We want you to be as comfortable as possible.
- Prior to the start of your treatment, staff members will ask several questions concerning your health.
If You Need Emergency Care
If you need to seek emergency care in your local emergency room or are hospitalized unexpectedly, please contact us on our next open day. We may need to make special arrangements for your hemodialysis treatments, as well as forward important information so you receive appropriate care.
It is also important to ask the doctor in the emergency room or your admitting doctor to call your nephrologist immediately. Again, this is to make sure that the entire healthcare team has all the necessary information to provide you quality care.