Agnesian Beyond Boundaries of Autism (ABBA), was originally founded in 2004 and became a part of Agnesian HealthCare in 2014. The ABBA teams partners with families, schools, day cares and other entities to provide high quality, relationship-based treatment plans for children ages six and under. Services are offered wherever the child is at including home, the classroom and the community. Our plan builds on the strengths of every child and utilizes Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) and Early Start Denver Model (ESDM), both evidence-based practices, to provide relationship based treatment for children.
In-home services are currently available in Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, Appleton, Green Bay and the surrounding areas. See service area map.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I need a diagnosis?
You can contact Agnesian HealthCare’s Doll & Associates at (920) 907-8201 for a strength-based assessment and diagnosis.
Do I have to travel to Fond du Lac for treatment once I have a diagnosis for my child?
No, our team comes to you. Treatment teams are available in the Oshkosh, Appleton, Green Bay and surrounding area ready to help. Whether in homes, in day cares or in the community, we work collaboratively with all entities.
Where does therapy take place?
We utilize the environment the child is in. A specific therapy room is not needed. Our staff collaborates with families, schools, day cares, etc. to determine the best combination of settings for each child’s specific needs.
Will my child have to sit at a table for therapy?
Treatment is evidence-based, play-based therapy. Our professionals build a trusting relationship with you and your child first using a child’s ability to “play” to help them build skills and meet their individualized goals. Staff sits at a table for therapy if and only if it makes sense to do so (ex. Playdough, coloring, etc.) Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy does not need to take place at a table to be effective. In fact, evidence indicates generalization of skills is most effective when it takes place within the natural environment in a variety of ways.
How do you determine a child’s goals?
We use several developmental assessment tools to develop goals. In addition to these tools, we talk and work extensively with parents, teachers and other therapeutic entities to develop a treatment plan specific to each child.
How do I pay for treatment?
ABBA is contracted with more than 30 insurance companies to provide mandated autism services. We are also an approved Medicaid provider to offer comprehensive autism treatment to children ages six and under.
1. *If my child does not have a diagnosis: Schedule a strength-based diagnostic assessment with Agnesian HealthCare’s Doll & Associates at (920) 907-8201. Have insurance card handy prior to calling.
*If my child does have a diagnosis: We are staffed in Oshkosh, Appleton or Green Bay Area: Contact (920) 979-7593 to setup an initial home visit with one of our behavior treatment technicians and lead therapist. Have insurance card handy prior to calling.
*We reside in Fond du Lac or another area within the service areas: Contact (920) 907-3928. Have insurance card handy prior to calling.
2. Prior to our meeting, next steps will be discussed. Please allow us to walk you through all steps and answer any and all questions you may have.
What Makes Us Different?
- Strength-based assessments. What can your child do? What makes them unique? How can we use their uniqueness to help them develop skills?
- Relationship based. We understand the need to develop a trusting relationship with you and your child prior to setting goals.
- Support. We understand the need for movement and sensory support for all children. Childhood should be joyful, not just goal oriented.
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM). This is the only evidence-based, play-based therapy. It requires certified practitioners to oversee treatment. We are one of very few providers with certified practitioners on staff constantly overseeing treatment for our teams.
Assessment is ongoing, which means goals are modified regularly in response to a child’s skill development and growth.
Our team features behavioral treatment therapists including board-certified behavior analysts, licensed professional counselors, clinical social workers, master’s level special education teachers and Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) certified practitioners. Many of our therapists have more than 20 years of experience working with autism.
As members of Agnesian HealthCare, our team also has access to speech and occupational therapists, as well as mental health specialists. Our behavioral treatment technicians receive extensive training in ABA, ESDM, behavioral supports, play-based interventions and natural environment teaching.
Darold Treffert, MD, world-renowned expert on savants and hyperlexia, partners with us as a mentor and consultant.