We offer a team of compassionate experts to provide integrative care and address all the needs and concerns that occur when someone you love is diagnosed with cancer. Not only do we offer advanced cancer treatment options but also many complementary services.
Living Beyond Cancer
Completing cancer treatments can be both exciting and scary. Many patients wonder where they now fit into the spectrum of physician visits and who is responsible for their ongoing care after treatments are done.
We offer survivorship appointments to help bridge these gaps, and define a plan for current needs and future care.
Our cancer survivorship program is based on the premise that each survivor has a unique,individualized appointment set up with the oncology nurse practitioner.
How is this different from when I see my cancer doctor?
Survivorship care plans and appointments are considered best practice by the Commission on Cancer. The survivorship appointment is different from a follow-up appointment with your oncologist or surgeon in the following ways:
- Customized summary of the cancer treatments you received
- Recommendations for follow-up care based on your cancer diagnosis and treatments
- Personalized questionnaire to address your specific needs or concerns
- Discussion of lifestyle recommendations and modifications
Survivorship assessment and services include:
- Diet and nutrition
- Sexual health
- Fatigue and sleep needs
Survivorship appointments are available to patients at the completion of their cancer treatments. One of our associate's will contact you to set up an appointment, or you may call us at any time to arrange your survivorship appointment.
If you have further questions about Living Beyond Cancer, please call us at (800) 494-2927.
Certified Specialist in Oncology Nutrition
Our Cancer Center is fortunate to have a Registered Dietitian (RD) and Certified Specialist in Oncology Nutrition (CSO), who is a clinical dietitian dedicated to cancer patients. They provide medical nutrition therapy to cancer patients. They work directly with cancer patients and their families before, during and after their treatment(s). They utilize evidence-based nutrition therapy and experience to provide custom nutrition plans tailored to each individual to optimize nutrition during their journey.
“As an oncology dietitian, my goal is to promote a positive association with food and eating during patients’ cancer journeys. Through education and appropriate diet modifications, I want everyone to know that they have the opportunity to improve and even overcome their cancer via diet in conjunction with treatment. I am also driven to promote healthy lifestyle changes in our community to help reduce cancer rates. Since 30-35% of cancers can be prevented by dietary and lifestyle changes, I feel it’s important for people to know that the lifestyle choices impact their health and cancer risk.” - Liz G.
Our social worker is part of the team of associates available to help you and your family along the way.
Some of the issues the social worker can assist with include:
- Financial and insurance concerns
- Medication assistance programs
- Supportive counseling
- Referrals to counseling and support groups
- Health Care Power of Attorney documents
- Disability forms through your employer and/or social security
- Referrals to county agencies that may provide help to you
- Durable medical equipment supplies
- Locating other resources that may be helpful to you
- American Cancer Society Patient Advocate
- Cancer Exercise Specialist
- Community Care & Samaritan Health Clinic
- Education Classes through Journey's
- Look Good...Feel Better
- Lymphedema Therapy Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mobile Meals
- Survivorship Care Planning
- Wigs, Wig Fittings and Wig Trims (Complimentary)