The Waupun Memorial Hospital (WMH) Gift Shop Scholarship Committee has awarded five $1,000 scholarships to area high school seniors and continuing college students who are pursuing a career in medical-related fields.
This year, recipients include:
- Olivia Bush, daughter of Steven and Trudy Bush, is a graduate of Markesan High School. She plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to major in nursing.
- McKenzie Gilkes, also a graduate of Markesan High School, is the daughter of Tracy Doherty. She plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh to major in nursing.
- Alyssa Landaal, daughter of Rhonda and Joel Landaal, plans to graduate from Marian University with a degree in nursing.
- Delicia Schindel, daughter of Derrick and Heidi Schindel, is a graduate of the Waupun Area High School. She will be attending Concordia University to major in nursing.
- Carter Veleke, son of Chad Veleke and Danielle Jones, and a graduate of the Waupun Area High School, will attend the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse to pursue a physical therapy degree.
Pictured from left to right: Alyssa Landaal, Delicia Schindel, McKenzie Gilkes and Olivia Bush. Not pictured: Carter Veleke.