Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- Small pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb. thick skin-on salmon fillet
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. pitted, chopped black olives
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the scallion and red pepper with the salt and 1.2 tbsp. of the olive oil.
- Spray a small roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray and lay the salmon in it skin side down. Cover the fish with scallion-and-red-pepper mixture. Roast the salmon in the top third oven until it is barely opaque at the center of the thickest part, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the quinoa; cover and cook over low heat until the water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining olive oil and the pine nuts, olives, lemon juice and lemon zest. Serve the salmon over the quinoa.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: 472 calories, 31g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 26g fat ( 4.9g saturated), 3g fiber
Share This On...