Six area students who intend to pursue careers in healthcare have been awarded scholarships from the Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers.
Scholarship recipients were chosen from among area high school seniors who plan to pursue a career in healthcare.
The following seniors are recipients of $1,000 scholarships.
- Kailee Simon is a senior at Fond du lac High School and plans to pursue a career in occupational therapy at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse. Her parents are Mike and Dawn Simon.
- Anna Gardner is a senior at Campbellsport High School and plans to attend the University of Wisconsin - Madison and will be pursuing a degree as a physician assistant or oncologist. Her parent is Stacey Durand.
- Marisa Strobel is a senior at Horace Mann High School and plans to attend Marquette University to pursue a career as a pediatric radiologist. Her parents are Roderick and Melissa Strobel.
- Cassidy VandeBerg is a senior at Laconia High School and plans to attend Marian University to pursue a nursing degree. Her parents are Chad and Tammy VandeBerg.
The following students are recipients of $500 scholarships.
- Taylor Gelhar is a senior at Markesan High School. She plans to attend Fox Valley Tech to pursue a degree as a dental hygienist. Her parents are Mark and Laurie Gelhar.
- Erika Erdmann is a senior at Laconia High School. She plans to attend Moraine Park Technical College to pursue a nursing career. Her parents are Mike and Karla Erdmann.